Author Topic: Swash nerf  (Read 8518 times)

Amoswar

• Normal volunteer
    • View Profile
Swash nerf
« on: October 24, 2023, 06:49:11 PM »
Hello,

Please give back 15% MS AT LEAST on swash.

We are talking about a MELLEE class that is slower then most Ranged class currently.

Its impossible to play swash on Infernum with the current settings, you cannot run away from anyone.
On full buff fight, we are 45% MS down since the nerf, 30% from the nerf and 15% from our party buff since we dont get MS from anyone.
You cannot chase players even when they have 2 slows on them. You can only fight when they are stunned.

The goal of the "antislow" is to be able to run away. Mellee class need to be straight on the target to be meaningfull. If I run, i cannot do anything on the fight.

It shouldnt be possible to be faster then the swash when you are using TANK uniques. Except maybe specific running class like Archer/Summuner.

Option 1 :
Give back some MS on combo skill, 15% would be a fair number in my opinion.
Option 2 :
If the problem is selfbuff fights
Nerf party buff HH of Swash of 10% (15 to 5%) and give it back on the combo skill.
At least that way on teamfight, swash would be able to use its skills.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 07:46:17 PM by Amoswar »
OLD Leader of RetardMafia

You can Join the Justac Discord at : https://discord.gg/wdgEYn3

Dwaynee
    • View Profile
Re: Swash nerf
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 06:55:13 PM »
Hello,

+1 for Amoswar absolutely now swash is unplayable, I understeand u have to do smthing but we cant catch a single player, i mean vs archer yes understeandable, but we cant catch anything, and cant run away. Can you please rethinking on that huge ms remove??

Thank you,

Nymeria

• Lone Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 08:25:14 PM »
I am probably in a very good spot to talk about the swash as it's my main played class (best swash, best dmg, best team several times too...). And don't bring up the "oH bUt U qUiTeD sWaSh U cAnNoT tAlK". I can still access a very well geared swash & put my uniqs on, and helped several people building theirs, I just do not catch any interest in playing it anymore.

There are several reasons Swash is among the best classes of the game, and I truly believe complaining about her move speed nerf is absolutely irrelevant given the many natural advantages a swash has.

The class in itself has never been meant to be a killer or any type of offensive char, it is a support class and have probably some of the best debuffs in the game:

- Insane amount of Skillblock (gamechanger in any fight)
- High amount of dodge / block (very good to combine with any critter)
- Cooldown (AoE, even if you focus 1 target, if you get even the lucky hit to have 2/3 CD debuffed target at the same time it can be game changed).

Swash is a warrior class, not an archer, not a mage. Her kit makes it a tank (her only weakness is elemental resistance, which you can easily get over with by building Ele rest boots x gloves). Just like other warrior classes she is immune to stuns, with the specificity of having 2 anti-stuns & being immune to slows (she indeed doesn't have a buff to make her temporarly far tankier like legendary slayer or immune to some like energy barrier / godlike).

Your main complaint is the fact she lost some movement speed and it would make her unplayable. Why? Because she cannot outrun hunters or archers anymore? Because you cannot stick to full yolo mode (double veng + arcane) and have to deal with an average 65% MS "deficit (10% per veng / 15% for arcane 15% for wings 15% for madness)" ?

Before that so called "move speed nerf" none could catch a swash that would go on damage uniqs to run away (ok, i'll give it to
you, archer would, but wouldn't be able to kill a swash with ele stones by himself).
Add the possibility to have 5 stats on your dagger now, it made Crit swash a thing more than it prolly ever was, nerfed her tank cast aspect but not that much, just requires you to play way different (and can even have you focusing on the pure dmg aspect once your dagger will be 5/5 stats with the correct stats).

Consider aswell that many classes remain top priority focus on team-fights, and Swash is not one of them, regardless of that movespeed nerf. You still have a top spot to put some of the most game-changing debuffs on a teamfight.
If you can play your swash as you pretend, 30% Move Speed removed from you shouldn't prevent you from being good at it.

And it's pretty dishonest to bring up the fact Swash isn't a thing anymore in infernum because of her move speed. The only aspect where it changed is that you cannot run around the map forever and have to stick to the teamfight itself.
Talking about Swash lacking Move Speed on party buffs is irrelevant aswell, as they are not supposed to be the thing that determines what makes a class good or not (and if it was, way more people would play Mage / Hunter / Ranger, just as a few examples). And if you wanna take that reasoning to another extent, unlike a mage you can easily stick to dmg uniqs while party buffed, untill you get about 1 bar of debuff you're fine on a Swash, so you can still outrun a mage.

Untill people realised Swash was "too op" no one was playing cast swash except me (and the few swashs that were around were mostly crit, for bosses in eclipse, neither did you have a swash in your team, remember how many times some of you complained about having no swash and how broken the CD debuff was). Now that Swash is finding a way of being balanced, people cry because they are lost in space.
Maybe we should nerf slayers dmg aswell because they are too strong at killing bosses,
Maybe we should nerf sorc halt & narcolepsy because it makes them win a few seconds and it doesn't matter if they have absolutely no defensive stats nerf those.
Maybe we should add some cooldown on mage anti-magic, because it's removing too many party buffs.
Maybe we should nerf the orbiter debuffs because they are higher than 80% of anyone else.
Maybe we should remove 1 or 2 seconds to cure because Hunter is almost immune to debuffs with that.
Maybe we should lower Summoner's damage, as they have 2 weapons and a lot of dmg output.
Maybe we should increase Godlike's CD so a Knight with full defensive set cannot likely be close to spamming it.
Maybe we should add 30 to 45% Movespeed to the elementalist, because she's too slow, regardless of her 100% success lightning strike & high dmg output.
Maybe we should nerf archer's move speed too, because they're immun to slow & stun.

So many "quick reasonings" that just look like the one you are offering right there about Swash, and as you can see, it doesn't make them any more relevant or justified. This game is about having a balance, between solo fights you can have sometimes in CF/Infernum, or teamfights (with/without party buffs). Swash was too strong as it was, you are unhappy with her nerf that's one thing for sure and it's understandable it requires you to learn to play the class on a different aspect again after you spent a lot of energy adapting to a certain playstyle.
One thing you need to understand is that if you are unhappy with a class you shouldn't stick to it, there will always be people to play it themselves.

Solid -1 for my part, Swash doesn't need to have some MS back with her kit nor the current setup. Eventualy you will understand that the "soft nerf" of the movespeed is already fully compensated by her debuffing kit + hybrid ability.

I'm not trolling. Just giving my opinion, sorry for the TL;DR.
Regards,
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 08:30:48 PM by Nymeria »
Rider on the storm

Etanool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 09:22:51 PM »
In my opinion no class should be able to have 100% uptime on a skill that makes them immune to slow.

Lure

• Normal volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 04:41:24 AM »
hello,

anti-slow is  iconic skill of swash and archer , i don't think it should be change.

for swash:

for 30% movement nerf for any class is a little high nerf...

i agree to give 10% movement back to swash combo skill(bcuz dagger could have 3 more status

and give more damages with right status ,% should not be more)

for mage:

wtf, it's mage. her use not only "anti-mage"er ,but also should have damages like her always does

before, her once counter archer  hunter etc class. but now her only debuffer with anti-mage and some

debuffs

for ranger:

Although i don't paly ranger now

ranger solo environment is not good, even face some buffers chars with NPC'S uniqs. for team fight with some good operate and luck,may have some

killings

tbh, this class now best using is killing monsters one by one,  for boss damage is too low and only for normal monsters.

her don't have any 100% success att skill and when debuff done, her probly dead....

at least ,her need more sb debuffs in combo skills. in pvp

just some opinions as a player

have a great day ingame or life.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 04:43:02 AM by Lure »

Blindarrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 09:54:36 AM »
People really don't understand about basic stuff like what it means to be an archer class or melee class. Swash is an melee and the fact it can't be slowed makes it already op compared to other melee classes. If you cry about being slow and no possibility to catch with enemies then think about a zerk that can get slowed and is out of fight with 1 slow.

For lure - go post your own character problems. This topic is about swash nerf.
R.I.P. :
Eternalshot lvl 150 Archer
Mjolnir lvl 141 Zerk
And all my other 30 twinks :(

Lure

• Normal volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 10:41:46 AM »
@Blindarrow

i didn't talk about my own character problems

i don't play swash、ranger、mage.

Lure(ranger) ingame isn't belong to me anymore (im not the owner or usrer anymore for some time)

Aook

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2023, 11:01:17 AM »
People really don't understand about basic stuff like what it means to be an archer class or melee class. Swash is an melee and the fact it can't be slowed makes it already op compared to other melee classes. If you cry about being slow and no possibility to catch with enemies then think about a zerk that can get slowed and is out of fight with 1 slow.

For lure - go post your own character problems. This topic is about swash nerf.

First @Nymeria and @Blindarrow said everything, there is nothing to change on swash at the moment, because it is the best melee class when it comes to fights, after that its slayer that can litteraly 2 tap most classes due to his crit res debuff, and don't talk about 1v1 situations, nobody plays in 1v1 right now, its all in team even in infernum

When it comes to melee classes, just look at zerk and knight, 2 slows and they are out of the fight, yes zerk debuffs good ele resi/resi/skill block, knight debuffs good dodge/block, but swash she does way more than both of them, its a support, her skill block debuffs/cd debuff/slows/block/dodge debuffs are insane
Its so good that you can even play hybrid easily with it

You were the one calling for a nerf on swash @Amoswar, we got it and it is a good one, and on top of that swahs gets another damage/efficiency boost with the possibility to add stats on the dagger which is the ONLY class on the whole server to gains such boost

Swash is still in the TOP 3 classes on the server, deals good damage maybe not always the killer but it can easily bring kills, it sustains insane debuffs (just like an AOE cd debuff is insane) which makes the classes that are with it able to destroy the target

If swahs didn't get a nerf then all classes that are easily countered by it should have get a buff which would be unbalanced for some of them due to their sttrong abilities already (like slayer/knight/summoner)

Amoswar

• Normal volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2023, 01:15:53 PM »
The excuse of the dagger stats make no sense.

Crit swash die in few second to ANY combo.

Bring back old dagger and gimme back the MS if you think damage matter at all on a swash hahahaha

As I said, I'm not asking to bring back the full MS as it was since you seems to believe swash could outrun every other class XD
Read the post and understand it.
I'm asking for the class to be able to move away from fight like it's meant to be

It make no point to beiing unslowable if im only faster then 1 character in the game XD 😆

As I said, they can keep the MS as its if you want, just nerf the pty buff then so swash can still be good on teamfight even if its now useless on selfbuff.

Have a nice day.0
OLD Leader of RetardMafia

You can Join the Justac Discord at : https://discord.gg/wdgEYn3

Gamboa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2023, 01:36:30 PM »
Theyy just hate cry because u rekt  them on fight o swash is so broken bla bla bla............

Now im waiting the nerf of sumoner because granit can kill almost all class alone

Aook

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2023, 02:09:41 PM »

Bring back old dagger and gimme back the MS if you think damage matter at all on a swash hahahaha

As I said, I'm not asking to bring back the full MS as it was since you seems to believe swash could outrun every other class XD
I'm asking for the class to be able to move away from fight like it's meant to be

It make no point to beiing unslowable if im only faster then 1 character in the game XD 😆

As I said, they can keep the MS as its if you want, just nerf the pty buff then so swash can still be good on teamfight even if its now useless on selfbuff.

Have a nice day.0

Only 1 class ? What the fuck are you high on drugs ?? Litteraly you put pne slow on zerk/knight/ele/summoner/orbiter/slayer and boom you are as fast as them or even faster

This is just bullshit

Nymeria

• Lone Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2023, 02:13:45 PM »

Have a nice day.0

That shows you understand nothing about the swash class if you think going from 2 stats to 5 on a weapon doesn't matter at all, especially for a class that was never meant to be this way (aside of HH weapons supposedly).
That also shows you do not understand how damage scales on a swash, and how deadly your class can be (and is, in spite of a 30% Ms nerf).
On her old setup, she could easily outrun most classes, even on tank setup... (65% MS "deficit")

It's very fun to hear you moaning about swash move speed now that you play one, because when I was on swash and you not you constantly moaned that I was hard to catch whenever I would decide to run away from a fight. Some people would literally tell you to bite your own medicine.
It is not normal for a melee class to be so much faster than ranged classes, especially since she has a decent attack range and some clutch Debuffs.

I think there's just no point debating with you, you just made a fool of yourself and proved you don't understand the topic you're talking about.

Have a nice day.

@Gamboa: keep this topic clean, and never forget the many times you whisper me after ancient fights to moan about how op swash was in teamfight and how cool it would be to have one in your team papi :).
Summoner is very consistant and has huge DMG but also can die fast, doesn't deserve a nerf in my opinion (stage 1 nerf was already enough to him)

Have a nice day ^^
Rider on the storm

Gamboa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2023, 02:58:48 PM »
Kuajajajjajajaja never talk with u about any class men.

Proteus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023, 03:29:09 PM »
I have just explored a little bit on a crit swash and from my very short experience I can safely say that swash is probably the most "broken" and versatile character in game.

Over 120+ skill block debuffs.
AOE Cooldown debuff.
Over 420+ attack speed.
Can perma stun either on crit but also cast mode.
Cannot be stuned or slowed.
Over 325 movement speed.
Can debuff 90% movement speed.
Can debuff over 100+ cast time.
Over 30k hp on tank/crit-dmg mode.
Spamable Self & Party HP recovery 60%.

Yet this guy wants her to get more movement speed so swash to not be traceable during fights.

I mean Eijun I knew you were a clown already but not to this level/extent to call swash useless-unplayable.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 03:47:52 PM by Proteus »
Failed to prepare, prepare to fail!

Proteus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2023, 03:34:44 PM »
Theyy just hate cry because u rekt  them on fight o swash is so broken bla bla bla............

Now im waiting the nerf of sumoner because granit can kill almost all class alone

Yet got owned multiple times today by a "slow" crit swash.
Failed to prepare, prepare to fail!