Author Topic: Shinewood ~ endgame area  (Read 4718 times)

D0gm4
  • Normal volunteer
  • Republic Of Gamer
    • View Profile
Shinewood ~ endgame area
« on: October 09, 2023, 06:31:54 PM »
Hi,

out of some inquires, i wanted to share my own opinion about Shinewood:

my understanding, it is meant to be an "engame area" which means it need to be hard to proof urself.
mobs hit hard and u need to deal with it.
where is the challenge to make full buffs been allowed there?
it should be "only" for endgame player and not newcomer.

plz share your opinion, maybe i see it totally wrong.

have a nice day
----------------------------------------------------
VTeam Justac Discord at : https://discord.gg/wdgEYn3
EventTeam YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEtfX5WkaGpb34BX2r6swfA
----------------------------------------------------

Aook

• View Profile
Re: Shinewood ~ endgame area
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 06:43:33 PM »
For me :

Some classes here can't survive past 3rd wave without party buffs, like hunter or archer (might be also the case for ranger and mage)
The mobs after wave 3 takes a long time to kill, most classes get stunned from some waves which give difficulty and it is nice, the last two waves brings the most challenge because they hit you like a truck (12k to 15k damage).
Problem might be that casters spends a lot on mana pots due to their hp and the damage they do, party buffs improves your damage and allows you to spend less on mana pots
But there is also the case where after wave 3, one wave costs around 20k lens+ which makes you spend more CC, thats probably my only issue because it encourages to spend money to get those
Of course you can go with normal lens but it will ask you to play with double void or delusion which on critters is pointless
The damage critters does is not so bad, but maybe reduce the mob's crit res a bit (not 33% like on other mobs but around 10 to 15 % sounds enought) because right now a critter there is way less useful than casters and takes longer time to clean a spot in shinewood so it would make them a bit more interesting to play there.

Otherwise right now the way this zone has been made is nice, i love the way that new players and players that don't have OP gear can get it throught farming, it actually puts a way for them and farmers to get on the same step as the oldest players that have OP 8/8 gear, good way for them to catch up
It also opens a new way for people to get gold because they can farm lots of mats, open boxes, get tools, shards, runes and sell them for gold

Of course its only been 2 days since the update and we will have more ideas for a balance, or things like that, the feedback is also important for everyone who gets in there

Dwaynee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 06:54:26 PM »
+1 for d0, its totally pointless to do waves with party buff, how we should improve for ourselfs?

This area should be like infernum, no party no party buffs.

Blindarrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 06:56:28 PM »
This is definitely an endgame area and party buffs don't make any sense there. To make it more balanced for classes like archer/hunter it would be nice to reduce the DMG or sth cause sometimes after wave 3 we get one shotted from 2 mobs... +/-20k DMG at once) . Last wave is an absolute disaster for archer and only the added distance makes it possible to farm the gods 1by1 cause mobs don't get agro on you.

Overall the area has to stay hard and I wouldn't reduce their DMG too much .

For classes that Miss mana like archer or hunter also the gray pots are now kinda too weak on mana recovery. They should recover at least 15% so we don't struggle with mana that much .
R.I.P. :
Eternalshot lvl 150 Archer
Mjolnir lvl 141 Zerk
And all my other 30 twinks :(

Proteus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 06:57:00 PM »
In my opinion party buffs should not be allowed in this area. Make it like infernum where party options is not possible or when you enter that area buffs to be removed. It is supposed to be hard in terms of farming and having tried with a critter and a caster I agree that some classes have more difficulties than others. As an archer you could farm relatively easy from 1-4 with no party buffs and then you could use a critter or a caster with better tanking abilities.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 07:05:34 PM by Proteus »
Failed to prepare, prepare to fail!

LeafaSenpai

• Captain Halorck
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Chanel
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 07:44:08 PM »
i totally agree with some of the things that were said but still could use improvements like on elem the waves that  stuns you stuns too frequently and its almost unpleyable but overall its a good zone

Gamboa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 07:55:56 PM »
😂😂😂😂

dabshiree

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2023, 08:04:54 PM »
To be honest I agree, I’ve died for days now and wasted many lens + all to max hit these mobs for 12k while not having an option to get off def uniques due to being able to die this easily. With the new change to the potions on hunter you cannot sustain your mana hitting this low. Leaving the option to put on 2x void but even then on these new potions it is difficult. On top of this not once did I think of logging party buffs as I thought this was meant to be solo buff. Even if I did log party buffs for hunter after an anti or 2 pulling a pack I would be down or having to equip my 2nd combi of that pull and buy 10k more mana potions for next pull. In my opinion there is no where else a class is unplayable except here. Party’s buffs on full 8/8 chars with 6/6 uniques should not be needed?
- Driller

Friend

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 08:21:50 PM »
as gamboa said on discord , u don't farm eclipse with archer u switch class , different farm spots always uses different chars, go with scion to save your mana and do crit at the same time if theres gear issues

aegir25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 08:29:43 PM »
For me there are 2 things to maybe think about :

- Party buff must be completely removed from this place. People are just running full buffed to chase others without any ability skills. Just the full buff party make them able to kill people.
Also as Dogma mentioned, this is a end gear area, so people should be able to farm/pvp by their own skills.

- Maybe decrease the life of the 3 last waves mobs.

Thanks

Gamboa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2023, 10:48:49 PM »
For my opinion they just quit the vp in that area !!!!!!  All other feel good