Author Topic: GM Merchant information & Videos - Updated  (Read 5984 times)

Victory

GM Merchant information & Videos - Updated
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:57:13 AM »
I HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE ADMIN TO POST THIS, DO NOT DELETE

Hello, As many of you know there was a period on this server where a GM Merchant was available. This was before myself, GM-Jigsaw, GM-Baldur became GMs. I'm creating this thread not to harm the server but to shed some light on what happened and my own personal opinion.

1)Image of some items that you could "buy" from the Merchant

2)Some videos myself & GM-Jigsaw recorded whilst searching and cleaning/deleting the items
Video 1 : https://vimeo.com/89811408
Video 2 : https://vimeo.com/89811409
Video 3 : https://vimeo.com/89811410

Now that the videos and screenshots out of the way let me explain something, While myself and GM-Jigsaw was GMs we received messages every single day with accounts to check, Some didn't have any items but most of them did. What happened was we recorded several videos then deleted the characters and asked the admin to ban those accounts.

I hear you asking what happened with the accounts we didn't manage to find/clean? Well we got told that the admin searched the database and deleted all items matching the "dodgy" IDs but I'm sure you can all guess what GM told us this, GM-Joffrey. We, By we I mean myself & Jigsaw couldn't actually search the database because obviously only the admin has access to it.

Well the final part of this thread is my personal opinion, I believe GM-Joffrey and/or his friend GM-Lanelina created this GM Merchant via the test server files then passed those files via a patch to the admin to apply onto the real server but due to the admin trusting Joffrey/Lanelina he didn't check what files he actually received. Once the patch was uploaded GM-Joffrey/Lanelina summoned his friends (Most of the accounts we found/banned where French = Same place Joffrey/Lanelina is from) which they then inturn summoned there friends. I did also receive several skype messages from a player who got caught having those items that if he admitted who summoned him to the merchant can we unban his accounts, He told us Joffrey did.

If you have any questions about this topic feel free to reply here or PM me and I will reply in all honesty, I will also add some questions and answers to the bottom of this post, Thank you for taking the time to read. Sorry if my English seems off, Its late and I'm a little tipsy.

Q) Are there still items on the server from the GM Merchant?
A) I 100% cannot answer that because simply I do not know, I and Jigsaw worked very very hard removing atleast 400+ items but I cannot guarantee that was them all

Q) Where was the GM Merchant placed?
A) He was placed off map in the north, He is still there but sells normal merchant items now

Q) GM-Joffrey said players managed to "find" the merchant themselves?
A) Impossible, Once the merchant got fixed myself and 10+ friends tried for 3 days trying to get to the merchant. We got out of the map but cannot pass the mountains needed to reach the merchant

Q) Are there more videos?
A) Yes, My internet is not great so I cannot upload them currently

Edit : I want players to stop blaming the Admin for this mistake, He worked with myself and Jigsaw every time to help remove these items.

Edit #2 : Please DONOT turn this thread into a flame thread, The permission I have been given to post this consists of it turning into a information only thread with no fighting.

anak0ndas

• Tester
    • View Profile
Re: GM Merchant information & Videos - Updated
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 07:19:17 AM »
I see on that video Coin of Syripus(cant read exact name) wich worth 500 mil each, What happened with that gold, they could have sell hundred coins for 500m ea, also i see u had access to many accounts, u could have take some coins/items and save on ur alt accounts or share to ur friends too.
No wonder why all chinesse guys have infinity and high lvl cloacks!
Xmatrix - Ardi

Revenge

• I'm not like a boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 07:19:43 AM »
LOL

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude...My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are.
PvP/Siege Videos

Victory

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 07:21:46 AM »
I see on that video Coin of Syripus(cant read exact name) wich worth 500 mil each, What happened with that gold, they could have sell hundred coins for 500m ea, also i see u had access to many accounts, u could have take some coins/items and save on ur alt accounts or share to ur friends too.
No wonder why all chinesse guys have infinity and high lvl cloacks!

All accounts which registered the same IP as the accounts holding the gold/items where checked for items/gold, Due to not having access to the database ourselves it was impossible to 100% check for missing gold. Myself and Jigsaw was not allowed to take anything and the trade logs where checked after each account.

I won't lie I did ask if I could take a pair of Infinity but got told no.

Edit : You can tell if a cloak is from the GM Merchant because it will have 1 or 2% increased stats from a level 6 cloak.

Woggle

• I'm a dog? Then you're dogfood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 07:24:52 AM »
Thanks for making this public. Such a shame that those people become GM's.

Anyways good job to both of you guys, trying to keep this server fair!

Woggle
Dreamwave
Hack
Hex4core

Victory

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 07:28:01 AM »
Thanks for making this public. Such a shame that those people become GM's.

Anyways good job to both of you guys, trying to keep this server fair!

I will pass your message onto Jigsaw next time I speak to him, We appreciate it.

Huligan

• Tester
  • Legendary Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »
Victory my gm hero : D Do you still play on your archer/ zerk if yes PM the names : P I am back to this server on my elem.
"It's in your heart to hate, it's in my heart to win, So yeah, I'm rapping now, let the hating begin!

Victory

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:33:45 AM »
Victory my gm hero : D Do you still play on your archer/ zerk if yes PM the names : P I am back to this server on my elem.

I'm currently playing my berserker. A friend has access to my archer.

Yachiru

• rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »
This is just... hard to find words, but back then at those times, there were many players complaining about those 2 GMs...i was imagining something like this behind everything.
This also makes me to regret the fact i've put some money as donation into this server whatsoever,
even though that was my own fault, knowing how CM and WZ was corrupt already, what i was expecting from a private sever...However, brining these facts upside is really nice, and i understand that there are people who actually tries to put some hard effort into making this server more fair, and we, players, should be grateful for the possibilty to play this game on a fairly succesful and enjoyable private server like this.
Destructior lv 118 archer-inactive
Yachiru lv 115 elem - inactive
Kenpachi lv 100 zerk - inactive
Rampmage lv 90 mage - inactive

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Destructior/simple

wsv

• Honorary volunteer
    • View Profile
    • [contact me on epvp]
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 09:58:18 AM »
As you can check: http://forum.justac.net/index.php?topic=1329.0
all who had siripus coins were banned quickly, so all involved with this "merchantgate" are banned too (I hope so).

Energier

• Beach Patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 09:59:11 AM »
Thanks a lot Victory!

Please keep checking the accounts, you got support from many players.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:01:56 AM by Energier »

Energier

• Beach Patrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 10:06:01 AM »
all who had siripus coins were banned quickly, so all involved with this "merchantgate" are banned too (I hope so).

What about those who has guild storage  full of coins? ...

Victory

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 10:10:40 AM »
Thanks a lot Victory!

Please keep checking the accounts, you got support from many players.

No need to thank me because it was my job, But now I'm not a GM nor a Volunteer so I will not be able to find/ban accounts.

Deesse

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:16 AM »

like chineses ?

wsv

• Honorary volunteer
    • View Profile
    • [contact me on epvp]
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »

If you ask about goldcoins I asked admin long time ago, noone have suspicious amount of it on server. If you ask about siripus coins, noone on server should had it, so it's easy for admin to track all account that had it. It takes time to find abusers for sure, but they are not inviolable since there is no GM to protect them.