Author Topic: BOTS - gold with no effort  (Read 536 times)

X7000

• El Capitano
    • View Profile
BOTS - gold with no effort
« on: September 17, 2020, 06:42:35 AM »
Hello everyone, i would like to have an open discussion regarding players which are botting.
I have come to the conclusion that the current punishments for players caught botting are not sever enough in order to discourage them to not do it.
Therefor i am suggesting the following:
1st time being caught botting it will result in a gold removal from all accouts related to that IP ( including : normal inventory, safe storage, guild storage, pet inventory )
2nd time being caught botting it will result in a permanent ban

How to catch a bot ?
1.Start recording the player you suspect of botting
2.Get into a conversation with him and wait to see how long it takes to reply, if more than 1 minutes passes, it is obvious that he is not at the computer.
Lately i see GM saying " yeah but they could have the chat turned off ". Who would turn the chat off anyway ? especially normal chat, considering most of us are on a bot hunt, there is no reason to disable it when you are aware of the consequences of not responding.
3.To make your proof even more solid, trade him. If the trade request is on pending and the other player is not accepting the request, it is obvious that he is not at the computer.
  Canceling the trade from your side, it will result into a resume of the macro of the bot, which in this case is irrefutably evidence that he is botting.
4.Taking it to the next stage, you can even attack him, without killing him to see if there is any reaction coming from his side. No reaction  =  botting
5.You can also send a party invite / friend request / guild invite if guildless, to see how long it take him to react. No reaction  =  botting
6. Send your evidence via Helpdesk on forum: Helpdesk -> Post new ticket

There are cases where trade/party invite/guild invite/friend request are blocked, which shows that this person was properly prepared to bot. Please reefer to number 1,2 and 4 for this scenario. If there is no reaction = botting

*Now we have to agree together on a certain amount of time that has to pass between our initial request and the moment when we receive a feedback from that certain player to make it universally applicable for our scenario.
A normal player which is at the computer, will answer/react in a few seconds. A bot who is not at the computer, will answer/react in  1 2 3 4 5 minutes, depending on his non Archlord activity. Obviously they will check the game from time to time, however i consider that botting, because the player is not at the computer constantly as a normal player would do and this is not fair because the efforts from a normal player vs a bot are not equal.

*There was a great suggestion coming today in shouts, saying that TAB button should be removed entirely which i totally agree. TAB is the key of successfully botting, without it regular macros would not be able to pull mobs for bots, unless there is a tool designed specifically for this purpose.
For regular players, the removal of TAB button will not impact the gameplay experiance, as you have the mouse as 2nd option to target a certain mob, which is also 100% acurate compared with TAB button.

I hope you find this helpful, please leave aside rivality and lets brainstorm together on this one to find the best suggestions possible in order to send them further to Admin to actually put it in to practice and get rid once and forever of these annoying unfair bots.

Thank you so much for reading this entirely, let's keep it clean please.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 06:52:18 AM by X7000 »
“Xekotrop of the House Lost Relics, the First of His Name, The Unburnt, King of the Orcs,  The first Zerk 150, Protector of Middle Earth, Lord of the Great Eclipse, Protector of the Realm, Ruler of the Four Kingdoms, Destroyer of HP Bar and Father of Dragons”.

gabesz6

• View Profile
Re: BOTS - gold with no effort
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 08:16:28 AM »
I totally agree with  this hard step against botters,because players or people who want to success in the game,and maybe dont have that much time as others,after getting home from work,in their little time they have to grind hard to get actually something,meanwhile ppl who are using bot ( not only the chinese ,because other ppl are botting as well but I think everyone would say mostly CHN)
they are literally grinding without any time wasting from their side,meanwhile they can go do some other activities as mentioned above,which is totally unfair.

The problem is that,yeah they are getting banned time - to - time but their main chars are still running inside,because theyre either using a 2nd or 3rd pc for botting what is not connected to their main pc,so they can do it everytime when they have a char strong enough to bot.

I would agree that after the 1st time admins/gms should remove the gold from all accounts related to that one account what was botting ( trade logs etc.) so they would not have the balls maybe for next time to leave their bot 8 hours online meanwhile theyre going to do other activities.

Ppl. who want to make the game better by removing the bots via sending video proof about them cannot be online all the time theyre doing it,and most of the ppl actually wont record them,because it would take more effort from their side what they want to give in.

2nd ban yeah permanent ban would work,but not only for that bot account but all the related - connected accounts to that one,so everyone who is botting now,would be scared by doing it.

*Why is botting unfair? Counting with 1b - 1 hour with a bot,in one week if no one is bothering them they can get up from 30b-to 60b,meanwhile they can get gold with other things as well like boss hunting. Why is this bad? Ppl who are able to play only 2-3 hours a day will get 3b meanwhile,and they have to actually grind for that money meanwhile the bots did the easy job.
Not mentioning that theyre getting shards for example which they can get into caskets and they can open 10b coins or other things for example assembled artifacts theyre selling more expensive even tho they did not work for it. (yeah logging the char starting bot doesnt count)

*And for the question,the answer what should be the time limit - 1 min,because ppl who are actually looking at the game so theyre watching their char would answer in 5-10 seconds latest.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:32:21 AM by gabesz6 »

Maximus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 10:21:08 AM »
1 min ?

How long does it take to kill all mobs on a huge pull ? some people do nothing to react until their pull is done.

How does botting effect the community ?
    How does botting give an advantage over anyone else other then a time issue ? ( everyone is high level and geared out anyways )

answer the pros and cons of botting  ( does it ruin the economy ? )

K99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 11:03:23 AM »
I saw in eclipse so called "bot testers". They making 1 min videos just to ban someone they don't like.
Leave checking bot to GM and volunteers, or a last 2 persons from different unions should confirm on video a bot.

BTW almost all uses macro bots here, but most of them guard them to not be catched afk.
If you remove TAB from game many people will leave server because they are too lazy to farm without macro.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:06:00 AM by K99 »

D0gm4

• Normal volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 11:17:23 AM »
VTeam check Bots on some specific conditions.
Marco Farming is no problem, but at the minute, u leave the PC and Macro alone, the BoT sequence starts.
The advantage is easy:
BoTs can farm you Gold and Artefact Shards to create Caskets, while zhe owner, doesnt need to put any effort on it.
This create an imbalance on the market. More Gold, more Items. Prices go higher etc.

greets
----------------------------------------------------
VTeam Justac Discord at : https://discord.gg/wdgEYn3
EventTeam YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEtfX5WkaGpb34BX2r6swfA
----------------------------------------------------

Maximus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »
I saw in eclipse so called "bot testers". They making 1 min videos just to ban someone they don't like.
Leave checking bot to GM and volunteers, or a last 2 persons from different unions should confirm on video a bot.

BTW almost all uses macro bots here, but most of them guard them to not be catched afk.
If you remove TAB from game many people will leave server because they are too lazy to farm without macro.

I am a newer player I use tab frequently when grinding, who the F wants  carpal tunnel when having to use mouse clicks for everything.

Maximus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 02:19:10 PM »
VTeam check Bots on some specific conditions.
Marco Farming is no problem, but at the minute, u leave the PC and Macro alone, the BoT sequence starts.
The advantage is easy:
BoTs can farm you Gold and Artefact Shards to create Caskets, while zhe owner, doesnt need to put any effort on it.
This create an imbalance on the market. More Gold, more Items. Prices go higher etc.

greets

Or the market gets flooded with items and they become worthless instead of people trying to put an extreme value on things so they can keep a fat bank account.

S0rc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »

For what you Need tab in Macro ? Pull with Fingers kill with Macro easy
~Selfia 79 Mage~
~Murmel 79 Hunter~

Amoswar

• Normal volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 06:24:27 PM »
Removing TAB was considered in the past, didnt come to it since we started make more runs to check botters, and other reasons

We dont see alot of players botting, or they are using multiple accounts and are in front of Pc, but its impossible to ban a player for that way of playing.

If this get out of hands again, we will ajust ban accordingly, you only have 1 chance currently
Leader of RetardMafia

How to log and keep up to date with Updates
http://forum.justac.net/index.php?topic=29828.0

(FIRST ARCHLORD OF 2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfFzofMJGpE&t=1s

You can Join the Justac Discord at : https://discord.gg/wdgEYn3

gabesz6

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 01:13:16 AM »
It affects the market pretty much as D0gm4 said by those ways,meanwhile theyre getting gold tickets as well by making them till 140 on the second hand.

They are not scared of being banned because their main accounts were never banned,maybe one person has had 5-10 accounts banned already for botting,but he managed to prevent his main from getting banned using another pc,etc.(chn example)

This is why admins/gms - should punish all the related accounts for the botter he traded,I am not sure if its possible,but the logs can be checked by admin,so he could have a look what chars did get the gold 1- by 1.

X7000

• El Capitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 05:21:34 AM »
bump
“Xekotrop of the House Lost Relics, the First of His Name, The Unburnt, King of the Orcs,  The first Zerk 150, Protector of Middle Earth, Lord of the Great Eclipse, Protector of the Realm, Ruler of the Four Kingdoms, Destroyer of HP Bar and Father of Dragons”.

stenboy13

• King Asuri
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 04:29:44 PM »
Wait botting still exist without bit49? and i already left the game :O.

Who is doing this ? there shouldnt be any bots only bit49 was botters.

Aah well keep it up china botters ur doing a great job of making all the admin`s work completely useless.

p.s haters feel free to QQ reply on me i love to read it <3

ooh and Bump ^^

Honestly just remove the gold drop from mobs in Eclipse & turn coins inside boxes. GG problem solved. Or why do you think there are almost no botters in inferum? aah i am not even gonna explain this stuff. maybe admin should do some brain training lessons. ^^

even 49 couldve been saved if made boxes non stackable but yea idk why i keep trying to explain something to a admin that has less brains then a ....(not gonna finish then bcz he will feel offended)

+ we have this issue for 4 years now even xmas event is a f.uck feast for botters but for some reason the non stackable boxes are only applied to infernum. for god knows what reason xD

wait i am doing admin`s job now faaack i shouldnt be doing this. rip

Keep it up Admin make the server more usefull for botters <3
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 04:42:03 PM by stenboy13 »
https://youtu.be/pWbyl3mbbCI

Xmas Event video 2018/2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne9fEYUnJIU

Zoeka1/2

Archlord Title`s

1. Comeget
2. Asuri
3. Asuri Defend

pluto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 06:21:39 PM »
Wait botting still exist without bit49? and i already left the game :O.

Who is doing this ? there shouldnt be any bots only bit49 was botters.

Aah well keep it up china botters ur doing a great job of making all the admin`s work completely useless.

p.s haters feel free to QQ reply on me i love to read it <3

ooh and Bump ^^

Honestly just remove the gold drop from mobs in Eclipse & turn coins inside boxes. GG problem solved. Or why do you think there are almost no botters in inferum? aah i am not even gonna explain this stuff. maybe admin should do some brain training lessons. ^^

even 49 couldve been saved if made boxes non stackable but yea idk why i keep trying to explain something to a admin that has less brains then a ....(not gonna finish then bcz he will feel offended)

+ we have this issue for 4 years now even xmas event is a f.uck feast for botters but for some reason the non stackable boxes are only applied to infernum. for god knows what reason xD

wait i am doing admin`s job now faaack i shouldnt be doing this. rip

Keep it up Admin make the server more usefull for botters <3
yep they should do that...idk why is it such a problem

K99

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 08:26:53 PM »
most known botter on server pretends he is fighting with botters
what an irony

stenboy13

• King Asuri
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 09:22:37 AM »
most known botter on server pretends he is fighting with botters
what an irony

waaauw hater alarm going off can anybody please press snooze?
https://youtu.be/pWbyl3mbbCI

Xmas Event video 2018/2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne9fEYUnJIU

Zoeka1/2

Archlord Title`s

1. Comeget
2. Asuri
3. Asuri Defend