Author Topic: Hunter Class  (Read 4850 times)

dabshiree

• View Profile
Hunter Class
« on: October 11, 2023, 07:39:49 PM »
Ok so no one could expect the changes done to the potions taking our possible 50% mana recovery away and exchanging it with 9% mana. Also most people won’t understand this point as legit there is 2 hunters in game and one sits in town all day. The class cannot farm new map, cannot farm eclipse, cannot even farm infernum now. The only way this class could entertain farming was full mana recovery uniques with the recovery potions maxed on your bar to also receive the 50% mana when hit. I even built gear based around these potions not knowing this update would completely shaft the class and all I’ve gotten from the GMs is well, a thank you Driller for what you’ve done and closed the ticket legit not a care in the world. It’s frustrating to say the least and if their goal is to have no hunters in the game they sure are going to get that wish here soon. I’ve suggested making explosive bodkin AOE to help them in PvE, I’ve suggested give us more mana recovery than 9%, and every single ticket I made is closed before I can even respond and I’m at my end with this honestly. I don’t want to make a farm char and I shouldn’t have too, as they said this server is hard and meant to be harder than the original game which is fine but make every class playable in every situation as they said it’s hard so you shouldn’t have to build a 2nd char being it is so hard. This change to the potion completely gutted the hunter you can’t even kill infernum mobs on a hunter with 700 dim damage before running out of mana. Every hunter that has tried to play it is currently selling all their gear on discord. I’m not asking to make the class OP in PvE I’m asking to make it PLAYABLE and I’m making a post here as I’ve gotten NO support from the staff or GM. They seem to care only about everyone’s opinion even on a class that currently holds less than 1% of the population on the server. If anyone has any ideas or feedback feel free to post here because atm the char is useless
- Driller

Aook

• View Profile
Re: Hunter Class
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 07:47:22 PM »
I agree with Drill, the hunter is not playable in pve, even other casters have difficulties with mana even on mana recovery uniques, this 9% mana recovery on the potions is dumb ngl
At least 15% and a mana boost on the lowest max mana classes (orbi/zerk/hunter for exemple)

Even before hunter was not easy to use in pve, but she could at least do soemthing in infernum and be used to farm there thanks to the 50% mana recovery, but now its not usable at all

Please fix this asap justac team

Blindarrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 09:51:10 PM »
I agree on that. 9% mana recovery is well too low. Classes like archer, hunter, zerk, orbiter, swash got some serious mana issues now and aren't able to farm in new area even their gear is maxed out. No idea how to improve the issue with shinewood without doing it too easy but mana recovery should be reworked. 15% mana recovery should be enough imo... like 5/10/15 %.
R.I.P. :
Eternalshot lvl 150 Archer
Mjolnir lvl 141 Zerk
And all my other 30 twinks :(

GM-MOD

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 02:51:48 AM »
Hello,
We would like to thank you for using the proper channel for your inquiry; the ticket system is not a place for such disputes, but it is our tool to resolve time-critical issues for players that need our help, which is why your tickets were marked as resolved.

Since your update was released very recently, we haven't yet completed its full calibration, including its drop and monster balance. Such settings cannot be rushed and require full log analysis, which can take up to 3 weeks. Please be patient.

We would like to address players' mana recovery issues. We will not agree to any increases in the percentage of mana in recovery potions. Furthermore, we know that you were used to its old effect (50% mana recovery), but that setting was overpowered.  That is why we decided to reduce that effect to an acceptable level and allow its use in a new area.

Players who have problems with mana recovery have to adjust their skills according to their mana consumption. In the hunter class example, you can try using:
Piercing Shot (a great skill to lure monsters with)
Charge Shot
Burst Shot
Arrow Hail
Phoenix
Such an area-of-effect skill setting should sustain your mana.
We strongly encourage players who don't want or can't change their mana recovery settings to use cooking formulas for maximum mana and mana recovery effects.

Thank you for your feedback.
Design  / Content / Balance

dabshiree

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 02:58:13 AM »
@GM-MOD no problem for now on I’ll post here to me it was a serious issue as my class became unplayable but I can see where you are coming from. What if I already have a “PVE Bar” specifically with the skills you just named? My options of AOE’s are very slim and my options other than what you named are very few if any. This is why I would love for you to log Drill and feel free to test. I also use food..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 03:07:41 AM by dabshiree »
- Driller

dabshiree

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2023, 03:04:24 AM »
Hello,
We would like to thank you for using the proper channel for your inquiry; the ticket system is not a place for such disputes, but it is our tool to resolve time-critical issues for players that need our help, which is why your tickets were marked as resolved.

Since your update was released very recently, we haven't yet completed its full calibration, including its drop and monster balance. Such settings cannot be rushed and require full log analysis, which can take up to 3 weeks. Please be patient.

We would like to address players' mana recovery issues. We will not agree to any increases in the percentage of mana in recovery potions. Furthermore, we know that you were used to its old effect (50% mana recovery), but that setting was overpowered.  That is why we decided to reduce that effect to an acceptable level and allow its use in a new area.

Players who have problems with mana recovery have to adjust their skills according to their mana consumption. In the hunter class example, you can try using:
Piercing Shot (a great skill to lure monsters with)
Charge Shot
Burst Shot
Arrow Hail
Phoenix
Such an area-of-effect skill setting should sustain your mana.
We strongly encourage players who don't want or can't change their mana recovery settings to use cooking formulas for maximum mana and mana recovery effects.

Thank you for your feedback.

If you log my hunter and go to the bottom bar (2) which obvious (1) is my pvp bar, and (2) being my pve bar. I have min/maxed the hunter class far further than you think. I have been told i was insane by the way i have built this class and i have tried all ways of making it playable in this stage of the game. A heads up also would have been nice that the potions we so much relied on were going to be nerfed to the ground as this was the only way for hunters to survive in a pve setting which like i told you changed the entire way i was building uniques at the time and now its just a disaster. I guess im just looking for something furthermore than an explanation on how to play my class or that i can use food because i can promise you, i have tried all those options. I wouldnt have wrote you a ticket nor started this thread if all options werent already checked. Thats my point and no problem. (ALSO I WILL ADD THIS) amongst all the other hunters which is maybe 1 or 2, my top also has 19% max mana on top of this. So i think i can speak for us all if i have mana issues, all hunters have mana issues.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 03:06:59 AM by dabshiree »
- Driller