Author Topic: About criters  (Read 115 times)

Chickalove

• View Profile
About criters
« on: May 14, 2024, 11:27:26 AM »
Hi everyone!

I have thought about an idea to make critters valuable in the PvE meta and I don't know how achievable it is but here's my idea:
The targeted monster you hit takes the total damage, nearby monsters take some kind of "splash" damage (30% of the damage sounds like a fair option).
I know it looks like something some other servers have, but that's the best option I found to have critters be able to farm all waves properly in Shinewood, and they can be more useful in other areas also.
Criters are only useful in Shinewood last wave, gods. It would be cool to see more criters around the game, they are still kinda useless, specially when all the fights are not selfbuffed ones. In all of the areas everybody using buffers, which is also kinda annoying for those guys whos cannot load buffers because of bad pc, high ping, playing alone, or whatever is the reason.
If anyone have better ideas i'm completely up for them.

Blindarrow
    • View Profile
Re: About criters
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 11:36:12 AM »
Splash DMG sounds not bad but making critters more useful in fights would be even more important.
Critters struggle a lot due to 3 stats that are needed to even hit your target : block/dodge/attack-defence rating. While casters need to debuff skill block only to hit.
My suggestion would be to add more block/dodge debuffs, more CRIT res debuffs, maybe stun resistance debuffs or sth like this to make classes like knight or slayer valuable in team fights. Currently most ppl have around 100% block/dodge on full tank on party buffs. Debuffing it takes a lot of time and in this time these classes are 90% useless for their team.
R.I.P. :
Eternalshot lvl 150 Archer
Mjolnir lvl 141 Zerk
And all my other 30 twinks :(

Nymeria

• Lone Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: About criters
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 11:56:17 AM »
Splash DMG sounds not bad but making critters more useful in fights would be even more important.
Critters struggle a lot due to 3 stats that are needed to even hit your target : block/dodge/attack-defence rating. While casters need to debuff skill block only to hit.
My suggestion would be to add more block/dodge debuffs, more CRIT res debuffs, maybe stun resistance debuffs or sth like this to make classes like knight or slayer valuable in team fights. Currently most ppl have around 100% block/dodge on full tank on party buffs. Debuffing it takes a lot of time and in this time these classes are 90% useless for their team.

Many classes have already some debuffs being usefull to critters (Swash can litteraly take away almost all the dodge/block from someone..)
Main problem of critters atm is the martyr's mark neglecting too much damage. But there's still some rebalance incoming so let's wait to talk about the pvp part I guess.. And Critters benefit a lot from phys res debuffs, trust me there's no need for more crit res debuffs, else it'll become a crit-show and no more casters around lol

I do agree Critters need a PvE Fix, they're irrelevant in the meta except for bosses & gods (which we can almost consider like bosses lol).
Rider on the storm