Author Topic: Adjust knight/zerk, swash and scion weapon lottery  (Read 8628 times)

Bastos
    • View Profile
Adjust knight/zerk, swash and scion weapon lottery
« on: October 25, 2021, 12:35:02 PM »
Currently with the majority of the classes, when you roll for a weapon, you have a 50/50 chance of getting the weapon you want. However, there are some exceptions:

On scion, if I am not mistaken, you can make it 100% by evolving into orbiter/slayer to guarantee karon/xenon.
With swash you have a 66% chance to roll rapier/dagger, so 33% if for ex. you are looking for a good rapier.
For the rest, except knight and zerk, it is 50/50.
Currently, if you want a 1h sword, it is better to roll on a swash, because you have a 33% chance of getting one, while on a knight/zerk you have only 20% chance.

For a zerk/knight using anything else than a 1h sword, you only have 20% to get the weapon that you want. 20% compared to 33%, 50% or 100%.

What I would like to suggest are the following changes:
1. On a scion, always have a 50/50 possibility to roll karon/xenon, to make it fair.
2. On a swash, either remove the 1h sword, since no swash is ever going to use them, or adjust the system this way: If rapier is equipped, you can roll only rapier and 1h sword, if no weapon is equipped only allow dagger and 1h sword. This way swashes could also guarantee with 50% chance a weapon of their choosing. I'd honestly prefer option 1.
3. On knight and zerk: For example, if I am using a 1h sword, let my options for rolling be 1h sword and 2h sword. For axe 1h axe and the 2h halberd. For blunt 1h blunt and one of the 2 two handed ones.

Thanks for reading, any input, positive or negative is welcome.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 12:43:29 PM by Bastos »

Blindarrow
    • View Profile
Re: Adjust knight/zerk, swash and scion weapon lottery
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »
+1
R.I.P. :
Eternalshot lvl 150 Archer
Mjolnir lvl 141 Zerk
And all my other 30 twinks :(

Cobra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »
it makes perfect sense, i agree
https://www.youtube.com/c/AlwaysPumpedTV/videos
If you love Archlord videos, click above.

Leo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 01:47:28 PM »
I'm sorry but as a ranger I can say it's unfair I can't choose more than 2 weapons type.
For knight and zerk you have many options and builds depends of weapon and this is already your advantage, it will be unfair for other classes boosting chance for them in lottery. You just want your class too easy?

Bastos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 02:01:13 PM »
I'm sorry but as a ranger I can say it's unfair I can't choose more than 2 weapons type.
For knight and zerk you have many options and builds depends of weapon and this is already your advantage, it will be unfair for other classes boosting chance for them in lottery. You just want your class too easy?

it is not about making my class easy. It is about balancing RNG.

I understand, that you dont like the suggestion for zerk/knight, what about the nerf for scion lottery?

Leo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 02:11:25 PM »
I'm trying to tell you that game never will be 100% fair. Why I shouldn't demand equal weapon types for ranger? Next move will be player ask for classless server, do you see this absurd now?

Bastos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 02:26:06 PM »
Take a minute where you are not thinking about your own class. I agree, it wont be 100% fair ever, but this doesn't mean we can't change things to get as close to 100% as possible.

Why should it be twice as easy to get a good weapon for slayer, than for other classes?

Also currently having 5 possible weapons doesn't do much for knight/zerk lategame. You know that you want to play crit or cast before spinning. Generally you try to find a weapon that fits your playstyle, and not adapt your playstyle to the weapon you have.

artur1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 02:53:02 PM »
100% support this idea!

Leo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 02:59:11 PM »
So one can think about his class and other not.

Why should it be twice as easy to get a good weapon for slayer, than for other classes?

Why only knight/zerk should have twice more weapons + shield to choose? You are still not getting it.

Leo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 03:01:56 PM »
Also, as a crit ranger should I complain for more bows than katarias from lottery? For me katarias are useless. That's my favourite style. Can I fight for it?

Bastos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 03:06:48 PM »
I do get what you are saying, a knight or a zerk can choose between 5 weapons bla bla, more playstyles and whatever. Even though knight zerk can use 5 weapons, only 2 of them are viable. it's basicly a ranger that could use 3 types of xbow and suck will all three of them, leaving only kataria and bow as viable ones.
What you are not getting, is the equal chances for getting a weapon. You play crit ranger, you have 50% chance to roll a bow, 50% chance to get a kataria that you don't want. If I play crit zerk, I have 20% chance to roll a 1h sword and 80% to get something useless for me.

burba_cz

• Pilgrims Urzark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 03:16:21 PM »
Bastos if you think that other kind weap are useless then you didn't check skill updates or you shouldn't play warrior class.

Bastos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 03:24:23 PM »
well.. whatever your playstyle, you can't afford to use 2h weapon currently on a zerk, because you will lose too much SB.
for crit you can use 1h sword or axe
for cast you can use blunt
for hybrid you generally use blunt as well.

So if you want to play crit, you have 40% chance to spin something usable but if you want to use a sword for the higher AS then it's only 20%!. If you want to play cast or hybrid you have 20% chance. Still don't see it being 50.

2H weapons will be much better once HH comes, but even then getting a weapon for the playstyle you want will always be lower than 50%.
On rangers for example, if you want to play crit 50% chance to get bow, if you want to play kataria, 50% chance to get kataria.
On summoner, you are missing a karon, just evolve to slayer and you can 100% get karons.

This suggestion isn't about making knights and zerks stronger. It is about balancing chances of getting a weapon that you would want.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 03:26:14 PM by Bastos »

burba_cz

• Pilgrims Urzark
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:58 PM »
well. then I can just give a tip.
this is ancient mystery skill called trade :) you can trade weapon you don't like for weapon you like.
have op axe but want op halberd? sell the axe, and buy a halberd

Most of players do that but they are greedy and won't tell you this secret. But I'll do, don't thank.

Captain Obvious, stand at ease